In-house chemists ensure quality in even the harshest environments
At OBIC, we recognize that our customers have different needs and challenges. Our lining system must rise to the challenge of rehabilitating and protecting water and wastewater systems in a variety of unique and often harsh environments. Cookie cutter solutions do not always work for every customer.
That is why the OBIC manufacturing facility employs 10 in-house chemists who are familiar with OBIC products and customer expectations. These chemists have decades of experience in the polyurethane and polyurea industry, allowing them to expertly evaluate specific application requirements for each customer.
Below is an overview of the team’s qualification.
- Lab and quality manager with 30+ years of experience in the polyurethane and polyurea industry.
- Lab chemist with 10+ years in polyurethane and polyurea industry.
- Lab chemist with 4+ years in the polyurethane and polyurea industry.
- Technical manager with a BS in chemistry and 25+ years in the polyurethane and polyurea industry.
Quality control assurance
The benefits of having these experienced chemists on staff at our manufacturing facility are numerous. Although most manufacturing facilities do have technical staff members, it is the education and experience that set’s OBIC’s team apart from the competition. Their experience allows them to provide greater quality control and quickly respond to any issues that may arise during the manufacturing process.
Research and development are also at the forefront of OBIC’s commitment to providing the highest quality product on the market. With in-house chemists at our manufacturing facility, customers can not only expect faster turnaround when it comes to customizing products, they can also have confidence that we are continually developing new solutions for the rehabilitation and maintenance of water and wastewater structures.
Benefits of in-house chemists
- Quicker response to issues that may arise in the field.
- Research and development that provides solutions for specific application environment questions or concerns.
- Greater quality control and faster response to issues that may arise during the manufacturing process.
In addition to the backing of in-house chemists, OBIC products are also submitted to third party testing. This independent testing verifies and certifies physical properties and chemical resistance. At OBIC, we believe this gives our customers added assurance that our lab testing is accurate and consistent with third party standards.
Every product that OBIC offers is backed by our commitment to provide high quality, cost effective alternatives to the replacement of water and wastewater systems. Contact our team to learn more.