Decades of trenchless sewer repair experience in your corner
Sewer line repair is a line item on many township and municipality budgets throughout the United States. An aging infrastructure that has been largely ignored for decades has led to everything from minor inflow and infiltration issues to major structural damage.
Regardless of the severity of the problems your sewer system may be facing, you don’t have to tackle them alone. The team at OBIC has decades of experience in water and wastewater system repair and rehabilitation. With trenchless sewer repair solutions, we can have your systems running at peak efficiency with minimal disruption.
Dustin Schlachter, Chief Visionary Officer
Dedicated to providing you with the most cost-effective, long-lasting sewer line repair solutions, Dustin Schlachter leads the team at OBIC as chief visionary officer. He has been a leader in the trenchless technology industry since 1999 when he and his father founded S&S Directional Boring. In 2007, his entrepreneurial aspirations led him to establish Advanced Rehabilitation Technology where he continued to expand his skill set to include infrastructure rehabilitation through lining and coating system applications.
Over the years, Dustin has successfully led multiple companies that have embraced new infrastructure and rehabilitation technologies. In 2017 he founded OBIC, a global company that has led the charge in developing innovative technology focused on water and wastewater system repair and maintenance.
Dustin continues to expand upon and share his knowledge of the industry by serving as a member and past president of the Great Lakes Trenchless Association. He is also an active member of the National Association of Sewer Service Companies and the Water Environment Federation.
Gary Mock, VP of Sales and Marketing
Gary Mock is a well-known leader at OBIC. He has been with the company since it first opened its doors in 2017 and serves as the vice president of sales and marketing. In this position, Gary is focused on supporting national business development for the OBIC installer network and is so well versed in OBIC products and services that he is often called on to provide technical support to customers and installers with challenging sewer pipe repairs.
Since 2007, Gary has served as a member of the Water Environment Federation. Additionally, he maintains memberships in the Ohio and Pennsylvania WEA and RWEA and serves as a board member for the Polyurea Development Association.
2021 Milestones in the trenchless sewer repair industry
Although 2021 came with its unique challenges, it was an overwhelmingly successful year for OBIC.
- Installer network doubled: As a young company with a leading product, we knew our reputation would continue to grow. Even we were surprised to look back and realize that our installer network doubled in size in 2021.
- Global network: In addition to expanding our footprint in the United States, OBIC products can now be found in Hong Kong, China, Germany and India.
- Most In-Demand Product: OBIC Armor is our most advanced line of polyurea coatings that are designed to withstand even the harsh environment found in sewer systems. As demand continues to grow for trenchless sewer repair options, we expect OBIC Armor to continue to top the charts.
2022 Goals for OBIC
- Rising star product: OBIC 5000 is making its mark in the industry, and will continue to grow in 2022. This fast set, two-component structural lining is spray applied and ideally suited for the rehabilitation, renewal or proactive protection of sewer systems, stormwater and industrial process water system structures.
- Network growth: The overwhelming success of the past 3 years gives us confidence that OBIC installers will be represented in 32 states and two additional countries before the end of the year.
- Innovative technology: New technology continues to drive the water and wastewater industry. We are looking forward to the introduction of the robotic application of OBIC products in 2022. This innovation will expand the reach of trenchless sewer repair options.
- Community support: From day one, OBIC has committed to giving 10% of our profits back to our local communities. This year, we are planning to support Christmas for Kids in northwest Ohio, various local food banks and ministries and Joyful Bird Ministries.
Dedication, Respect, Integrity, Vision, Excellence and Nobility (DRIVEN) are the principles that continue to drive our company. With OBIC, you can be confident that you are working with people you can trust for long-lasting, effective water and wastewater rehabilitation solutions. Learn more about our company at OBICProducts.com.