Common sense, good sense, and sewer sense are important attributes for those of you involved in the operation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of wastewater systems.
It is simply common sense to acknowledge that the manhole and lift station parts of your sewer infrastructure that are 30 to 50 years old, which had an original design life of 30 to 50 years, are probably in need of some attention.
In our experience, it is good sense to rehabilitate rather than replace those structures. Why? It will solve your problems with infiltration and corrosion, but with a safer, faster, and lower-cost process. Service interruptions are minimized with rehabilitation because you won’t need to excavate. Without the need to excavate, you’ll be the hero with a minimally invasive and less disruptive solution.
And, finally, the sewer sense (not the smell) part is the selection of the rehab system best suited to your community’s infrastructure needs. OBIC answers the sewer sense question with a family of spray applied polymeric systems, including our multi-layer OBIC Armor system, the OBIC 1200 semi-structural system or the fully-structural OBIC 5000 system. And to give you a sense of the key features and benefits of these products, here’s a recap:
OBIC Armor 1000:
- Adheres extremely well to properly prepared substrates such as brick or concrete
- Excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- Flexible properties provide excellent impact and abrasion resistance, even in sub-freezing weather
- Seamless monolithic liner that is tough and durable
- USGBC LEED, EQ Credit 4: Low-emitting VOC-compliant materials
OBIC Armor 1200C:
- Plural-component hybrid polyurea material
- High flexural modulus semi-structural monolithic coating
- Excellent impact resistance and abrasion protection
- Self-priming, 100%-solids lining
- Reinstates structural integrity
- Provides infiltration control, corrosion resistance and asset life extension of concrete, masonry and other substrates
- Provides quick return to service and with its high abrasion and chemical resistance, it is ideally suited for the rehabilitation, renewal or proactive protection of wastewater system structures
Our OBIC Advantage provides a variety of long-term solutions that are customizable to meet the demands of the most challenging wastewater structure project. Our no-dig sewer rehab solutions mean that your systems can be back up and running with minimal downtime, offering a cost-effective solution with a faster return on investment. Simply put, the OBIC Advantage just makes sense.
Ready to start your next project?
Learn more about OBIC’s no-dig technology at www.obicproducts.com. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-636-4854 and our team will be happy to answer any questions about your next project.